Second Annual Shea’s Chase 5k Run & Walk
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m. with post event party!
Event Fee: $22.50 Early Bird; $15 Student, $30 Regular Fee
Location: The Railyard at South End
Mental illness has no boundaries.
Shea’s Chase is a cause with an “exercise in exercise”, a 5K run & walk as its primary engine. The message is simple – destigmatize mental health challenges and replace with compassion, education, and advocacy. One out of five Americans experience mental health challenges. That is most likely one person in your immediate family. In June of 2014, we lost a son, a brother, and friend.
This race invites the community to memorialize Shea but also raise awareness and financial support for the Mental Health Association in Greensboro so that they can expand their reach and provide free programs and resources to individuals who want to rebuild a life based on purpose, hope, joy and passion. Below are some examples of what your support will allow us to do. If you want to be part of an inclusive community and a movement, join us in the exercise, fun, music, and good food. To register, participate, sponsor, volunteer or inquire – visit www.sheaschase.com or contact the Shea’s Chase team at email@example.com.
- $15 Student Runner/Walker Fee: One community member can attend the QPR Suicide Awareness Program.
- $30 Regular Runner/Walker Fee: One community member can receive 3 hours of peer-to-peer coaching to achieve recovery-oriented goals.
- $500 Sponsorship: Nine community members (including community professionals and first responders) can attend the 8-hour Mental Health First Aid Program.
- $1,000 Sponsorship: Provides 40 hygiene and gift bags for patients at Moses Cone Behavioral Health Hospital for the Hands of Hope Program during the Holiday Season.
- $2,500 Sponsorship: Funds the development and provision of 3 new recovery skills classes.
- $5,000 Sponsorship: Funds 347 hours of wellness education, peer coaching, and support groups (most individuals participate in all three services on their recovery journey and may receive 200 hours of free services each).
- $10,000 Sponsorship: Will fund a new Stand Up for Mental Health program to use comedy to give mental health consumers a powerful voice and help reduce the stigma and discrimination around mental illness.
Community Partners/In-kind Contributions