Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an eight-hour training certification course that teaches participants a five-step action plan to assess a situation, select and implement interventions and secure appropriate care for the individual. The MHFA course has been pre-approved by NC MHDDSAS for 8 training hours, including 6 general skill building and 2 substance abuse specific. The certification program introduces adults to risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems, builds understanding of their impact and overviews common treatments.
- 8 hour certification course, usually broken up into 4 hour sessions over the course of two consecutive days.
- All courses taught by certified MHFA instructors.
- Can be scheduled to be at MHG or off site at your organization.
- Minimum 6 participants, maximum 16 per course unless otherwise approved.
- Participants will receive MHFA certification certificate upon completion of the course.
- $75 registration fee per participant; this includes all materials provided.
To schedule a training or to inquire further, please contact us at 336. 373.1402, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .