A Mental Health Recovery program designed and led by peers for peers.
The Wellness Academy is a free mental health recovery skills program that educates peers about maintaining wellness, coping with stress, and managing symptoms. Our core courses are evidence-based and built from SAMHSA guidelines designed to teach skills and strategies to help individuals overcome the challenges presented by their diagnoses, and work towards what they consider important in their lives.
- All daytime classes are FREE; some evening classes require a small fee.
- Core Classes are offered Monday through Friday, from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Enrichment Classes are offered from 1:00 pm to 2:30. Special evening classes offered throughout the year; check the course listing or calendar for details.
- Core Classes continuously cycle.
- Attendance for any of the Core Classes must begin on the 1st or 2nd session of each series, except for WRAP, which requires attendance to begin on the first session of the class.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- All classes are confidential.
- Orientation is REQUIRED before taking the first Core Class. To schedule an orientation, contact MHG at (336) 373.1402, or email firstname.lastname@example.org